1. Your shorts are too short if the pocket lining is hanging out of the bottom like a dirty Kleenex.
2. If the pockets appear to be slanted on your lower back, you likely have “diaper-butt-syndrome.”
4. Choose a pair with a zipper fly rather than a 4-button fly. The style fits your bum COMPLETELY different. Trust me, I’ve tried on many pairs.
5. Just because you have little legs, it does not mean these shorts will flatter you. It’s all about waist/hip/booty/leg proportions.
6. The point is to define your waist– so please, add a belt, and no baggy tees. I think a tight strapless top looks especially adorable tucked in.
7. A simple pair of wedges can be the difference between looking frumpy & stumpy and looking hot & dangerous. Yes, I just made a Ke$ha reference. Release your annoyances in a comment below.
8. If wearing the shorts causes you physical pain, they probably look horrible. *See the pictures below*
9. You should be able to slide your hand in the pocket without cutting off your circulation.
10. Ask an honest friend how they look before buying them. And I emphasize “honest”, because we all have that friend who always says, “Oh-em-gee, you should totally get them!” She just might be a pretty little liar– you never know.