Fashion’s Night Out has become one of the most anticipated events of the year— tonight, in cities across the country, stores host special events with celebrities, great deals, and limited-edition swag. (That’s a shot from last year’s event at Sephora on Fifth Avenue in New York City above.) We combed through every event in New York City to round up our favorites with a beauty spin. You may even catch one of us there!
1. FNO with Christian Louboutin and Frédéric Fekkai. Three boutiques—New York City, as well as Los Angeles and Dallas–will be transformed into vintage hair parlors with stylists from the Frederick Fekkai salon styling guests’ hair. Probably the most exciting part of the event—the limited edition, custom-made Louboutin false lashes by Make Up For Ever. 59 Horatio Street
2. Maybelline New York’s Great Lash Party. At the Gansevoort Plaza in New York, Maybelline will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of Great Lash Mascara with mini-makeovers. Models and Maybelline spokeswomen Erin Wasson, Lisalla Montenegro, Jessica White, and Shu Pei Quin will be hanging out signing tubes of mascara. I suggest getting there early—the first 300 guests will receive a limited edition Great Lash Mascara t-shirt designed by Patricia Field. Little West 12th Street at 9th Avenue
3. DKNY Celebrates All Things New York. This is one to bring your boyfriend to. The men’s floor of the Madison Avenue story is being transformed by the guys of Blind Barber, a downtown New York hotspot that is a barbershop by day and speakeasy-style bar by night. Guests can receive a complimentary cut and shave.655 Madison Avenue
4. Kiehl’s Karaoke Karnival. For all you children of the early 2000’s, get excited for a night of karaoke hosted by former Backstreet Boys member AJ McLean. Sing your heart out at the Kiehl’s flagship store on Third Avenue in Manhattan and you receive a complimentary Lip Balm #1, while raffle prizes will be awarded hourly to participants. 109 Third Avenue
5. Revlon & Gucci Westman Team Up. Get your hands on a limited-edition sample of Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fashion’s Night Pout, a beautiful pinky-nude shade created by Westman for last year’s event. Not only can you purchase a lipstick, but manicurist Jin Soon and her team will be there offering complimentary manicures. 9 Crosby Street
6. Mini Manicures at Chanel. This year’s Fashion’s Night Out nail collection is called Les Jeans de Chaneland includes three blue shades inspired by denim. Visit any of the three Chanel stores in New York City tonight and get a free manicure and have the opportunity to purchase the soon-to-be sold out shades. If it’s anything like last year, this event is going to be packed, so definitely plan on making this one of your first stops.
7. The Braid Bar at Saks Fifth Avenue. Saks is hosting a variety of events this FNO, but one of my most anticipated is the braid bar. The bar is hosted by handbag designer Rebecca Minkoff and Leandra Medine (better known as The Man Repeller.) Get plaited any way you want, then give the braids an edge with strips of leather from Minkoff woven through. 611 Fifth Avenue
8. Estée Lauder’s Fashion Night Out. Also at Saks, Estée Lauder is sponsoring an event on the Beauty Floor with makeup artist Tom Pecheux and beauty blogger Emily Weiss of Into The Gloss. Choose from four “front-row worthy” looks that Pecheux and his team created especially for the evening, and have your makeup done before heading out for the rest of the night. Besides meeting one of the best makeup artists in the business, you’ll recieve a free sample of EstÃ©e Lauder Sumptuous Mascara with any purchase, plus a 10-day travel-size for a friend. 611 Fifth Avenue
9. Silver Odyssey At Nars. Nars Cosmetics has come out with the limited edition Silver Odyssey collection available for purchase tonight only at the Nars flagship store in the West Village. The two products—Via Crispi Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner and Space Odyssey Nail Polish—are both chromed-out silver shades that are sure to look cool for winter. And Francois Nars himself will be stopping by the store. 413 Bleecker Street
10. Serge Normant at John Frieda Downtown Salon. Arrive from 2 to 5PM and receive discounted blow-outs and manicures. Then, from 6 to 9PM, the salon will reopen for the main event, where guests can get complimentary cut and color consultations. Celebrity makeup artist Piret Aava (co-founder of Piret & Tamara cosmetics) will be on hand to do makeup touch ups with products from her new brand. There’ll be gift bags filled out with beauty products from John Frieda, Completely Bare, Pop!, Perfek, Brazilian Peel, and more. 825 Washington Street.
Photo Credit: Fairchild Archive